iCrowdNewswire Dec 1, 2020 7:25 AM ET
The Emerald Green Arborvitae, also known as the Thuja Occidentalis Smaragd, is an evergreen tree that is popular for its dense and sturdy foliage that remains green throughout the year. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is an easy to maintain plant that grows straight up and responds well to pruning and hedging, making it a great choice for privacy hedges and screens. The Emerald Green Arborvitae’s ability to maintain its green, dense foliage throughout the year and the ease with which it can be pruned and shaped makes it a reliable choice for hedges and screens.
The Emerald Green Arborvitae is loved amongst gardeners and florists and for a good reason too. With the Emerald Green Arborvitae moderate growth rate, this majestic tree is an excellent choice for your property and is sure to stand out and beautify your garden or wherever you choose to plant it. The easy to maintain nature of the Emerald Green Arborvitae also makes it an excellent choice for residential property and all first-time gardeners. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is also a perfect choice for those who do not have a lot of time dedicated to maintaining the tree. For additional information on owning one of these beautiful Arborvitae click here.
How Fast Does the Emerald Green Arborvitae Grow?
As mentioned earlier, the Emerald Green Arborvitae has a moderate growth rate. This majestic tree will typically add a height of 1 foot or 12 inches every year. The majestic Emerald Green Arborvitae will eventually reach a moderate height of 15 to 20 feet with a width of 3 to 4 feet. This narrow, pyramidal shaped tree is compact and doesn’t occupy too much space, making the tree perfect for planting in rows and decorative landscape uses. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is a very tough, low maintenance tree that can grow under most conditions, including extreme cold and heat. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is also resistant to most drought and diseases. This supertree is classified as a moderate growing, semi-dwarf cultivar.
How to Make My Emerald Green Arborvitae Grow Faster
The Emerald Green Arborvitae is a super tree that will grow under most conditions and is very tough and durable. However, this factor does not mean there are no favorable conditions for the Emerald Green Arborvitae. When planted under the right conditions, the Emerald Green Arborvitae will grow faster, healthier, and beautiful. To make your Emerald Green Arborvitae grow faster, you can keep the following in mind:
- While Emerald Green Arborvitae are drought resistant, it is not right to plant them during the high heat summer months. Planting Emerald Green Arborvitae in dry soil under the heat will hinder their growth. It is best to wait until the summer months are over to plant them to allow them to grow at their fastest.
- The best soil to plant your Emerald Green Arborvitae is acidic soil. Emerald Green Arborvitae love acidic soil and will thrive better when planted in such soil. If your soil is not acidic enough, you can fix that with a little fertilizer.
- It is important that you plant your Emerald Green Arborvitae and avoid common mistakes like planting them too close together, causing competition for nutrients and slowing their growth.
- While established Emerald Green Arborvitae are drought resistant, the plant needs to be watered regularly when they’re just growing to help them grow fast and healthy. Make sure you don’t overwater them but ensure they get a steady supply of sufficient water.
- Emerald Green Arborvitae is very resistant to frost and winter, but it still requires a bit extra attention during this period. If snow gathers at the bottom of your Emerald Green, be sure to shovel it away as leaving it there can cause diseases and damage to the tree. Your Emerald Green will also benefit from a mesh covering to protect it from snowfall.
In conclusion, the Emerald Green Arborvitae is a majestic tree that will make a great addition to your property. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is a fast growing tree for the landscape with a manageable height that responds well to pruning and cutting.