Oct 12, 2020 8:50 AM ET
iCrowd Newswire – Oct 12, 2020
Jackets are mainstays in fashion. They have been around for centuries – not just a fashion piece but a necessity. Some trace their history to the Middle Ages or the early Renaissance era.
These ultra-versatile fashion pieces are perfect for different occasions, seasons, and styles. No wonder, jackets are well-loved by people of all ages and genders. They are popular among men and women – and teens too.
Every year, new jacket styles rise to popularity. These styles have their unique advantages and disadvantages. Here we take a look at some of the popular jackets for boys this 2020 and their pros and cons.
Characterized by its soft cloth or fleece lining and turn-down collar, the slicker jacket is a must in a teen boy’s wardrobe. The tapered sleeves and waist fasten tight, usually with a cloth or elastic cuffs. In some design iterations, the seams are buckled.
- A slicker jacket can make you look bulked up, which is great for thin guys.
- Fits stylishly to almost any body type.
- Easy to pair up with other fashion styles and accessories.
- Comes in a wide range of colors, designs, and trims.
- Ideal only for winter and fall seasons as it can be quite warm.
- It might not fit well for teens with a stout body frame.
Well-loved by adults, the denim jacket is classic menswear. But it’s not an exclusively adult-wear, teens can look stylish on it. Perfect throughout the year, denim jackets will never get out of fashion. We can expect them to be a huge hit once more this year 2020.
- Year-round usability allows it to be useful regardless of the season – except at the height of summer.
- It is light enough that you can easily carry it with you, either in your bag or just hand-carried.
- Provides a slimming effect plus it can also look very sporty.
- Well-fitted denim jackets make teens look more upright and built up.
- Generally, denim jackets are very durable and can stay with you for years.
- Denim material can be quite tough and rigid.
- Finding the perfect fit can be a challenge.
- It is limited to casual style.
- It can be difficult to pair with other fashion pieces.
In 2016, we saw Jaden Smith wore an amazing floral leather jacket. This year we’re expecting leather jackets to remain among the top jacket types for boys. Stylish and trendy, leather jackets are perfect for outdoor activities of teenage boys. These jackets are usually made of very durable material, such as cowhide, and are available in varying thicknesses and textures. They also have different levels of flexibility and elasticity. For teenage boys, the more flexible and elastic leather materials are best as it allows them to move freely.
- Available in different leather types, designs, styles, and colors.
- Pairs easily with both casual and formal attire.
- Perfect for school as well as other outdoor activities.
- Leather material provides warmth, comfort, and protection from abrasions, punctures, and even a strong impact.
- Looks very natural.
- It fits easily with various body types.
- Sensitive to water. Unless leather is waterproofed, it can be damaged when exposed to water.
- Prolonged storage can cause the leather material to wither, stiffen, or just lose elasticity.
- In the height of summer, leather material can be very hot to wear.
Varsity or letterman jackets by VarsityBase are well-loved by teen boys. Known for their large letter on the chest part, the varsity jacket is common among college and high school students. This classic piece is very versatile. They can be worn as casual wear as well as formal attire, which makes it a must-have. You can match it with different fashion pieces to create a completely new look. Because of its light material, it can also be worn year-round.
- Versatile and very comfortable
- Can be customized to suit your design preference.
- Perfect for sportswear and activewear.
- Very youthful, sporty style.
- Can be used as a school uniform.
- Lightweight and can be easy to wear.
- Doesn’t provide enough warmth at the height of winter.
- The material can easily fade out.
- Style is very popular. You might see countless others wearing one.
So, which jacket type is best?
Suffice it to say that all jackets have their unique characteristics. While they have their strengths and weaknesses, this does not mean that one jacket type is superior to the other. When it comes to choosing a jacket for teens, you should decide based on the style you want to achieve plus functionality.
There should be no comparison to these jacket types. All of them are completely different pieces designed to give you a completely different look. Whichever jacket makes you feel confident and comfortable, that’s it!