Tom and Rita are back to the US
Hollywood star Tom Hanks says that he and his wife, singer-songwriter Rita Wilson, are back in the United States after a self-quarantine in Australia.
The Oscar winner on Saturday used social media to share an update.
The couple were sent to isolation
The couple, who tested positive for the new coronavirus in February, spent a week in isolation in a hospital in Queensland, Australia.
After leaving the medical centre, Hanks and Wilson (63) continued to be quarantined in a rented home in Australia. They often shared their isolation experiences and advised those who do so on social media.
Tom thanked everyone for care and wishes
Hanks thanked the people in Australia who took care of it.
Your care and advice allowed us to return to the United States. Enjoy,” said the actor.
Hanks said last week that he and Wilson felt “better” two weeks after the onset of coronavirus symptoms.
Hanks was in Australia for the pre-production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley film, while Wilson appeared at the legendary Sydney Opera House.
The couple is in quarantine
American star actor and father Tom Hanks told fans this weekend that he and his wife Rita Wilson had returned to the United States just two weeks after the coronavirus was diagnosed. The couple had previously been quarantined on the A list after landing in Australia, so Hanks and Austin Butler could work on Baz Lurhmann’s new Elvis Presley biopic.
Hank and Wilson were the first celebrity to be diagnosed with COVID-19
Hanks and Wilson were the first celebrities to post their diagnosis of coronavirus. Hanks shared the news on March 12 on social media. The pair went into quarantine shortly after arriving in Australia, and Hanks informed his followers in the coming days how he and Wilson spent their time being treated for the virus.
As for the biography of Luhrmann Presley? The future of cinema is at stake, as is the case with many film and television projects in all stages of production. The movie was in the middle of filming when Hanks landed in Australia but was quickly cut short after the actor diagnosed coronavirus.