iCrowdNewswire Jan 28, 2021 8:38 AM ET
It is difficult to trace how, when and where proxies began to be used, although it is speculated that proxies began to take off around the same time the computer network began to develop. New generation private proxy servers Proxy-Seller are available to customers today. They have truly unique functionality.
What is a proxy
If you are one of the millions of people and organizations that feel threatened when using the Internet without any security barrier, then you definitely need to familiarize yourself with the fact that a proxy is a computer – 2, that runs on behalf of another computer – 1, when sending and receiving requests from another computer – 3.
Instead of computer A sending its request for a file or web page directly to computer C, it routes the request through computer B, which is the prosecutor. When computer C responds with the desired file or web page, it sends the response to computer B, which then transfers the files to the original notifier, i.e., computer A. How the proxy works:
- Proxy servers act as intermediaries between an end user (an individual or a corporate network of computers) and external web servers.
- As an intermediary, a proxy server receives a request for files and web pages from an end user and then passes them on to a target web server.
- The responses from the target server also go through the proxy server, which then passes them on to the end user.
This is basically how all proxy servers work, but a lot depends on the type of proxy you are using.
What is a proxy server for?
Along with the job sent from the user’s device to the web server, the user’s IP address is also sent. The IP address or Internet Protocol address is close to the home address. The recipient needs this information so he knows who to send the response to.
For example: how can someone reply to an email if there is no return address? Each web server needs the user’s IP address so that it can adequately respond to the email with the requested data.
This is all well and good, except that the user’s IP address is their identity on the Internet. This means that if your IP address is exposed to any website that you have access to, the following could happen:
- You Can Be Hacked: With the right skills and resources, someone can use your IP address for tracking until a hole is found and a hacker can break into your system.
- You Can Be Blocked: Websites, governments, and other organizations practice IP blocking as a way to enforce censorship on the internet, so you can’t access every website you want.
By using a proxy server, you hide your identity, as this will be the IP address of the proxy server that will be visible to the target web server. Proxies are much more than just intermediaries.
Private proxy server
Currently, you can easily purchase the proxy server you are interested in. To do this, you just need to register on a suitable service and use its services. In modern realities, this is a truly unique solution used by many. Now you can hide your personal information from many web resources. Proxy server configuration can be done either manually or automatically. It all depends on the package of services you choose. It is better to discuss all additional questions with managers.